This is a team of people made up of staff from Levy County, non-profits, businesses, educational organizations, and private citizens. The LTPT provides letters of support for providers looking to expand their services within the County.
Directives for Local Technology Planning Teams:
- Work with rural communities to help the communities understand their current broadband availability;
- Locate unserved and underserved businesses and residents;
- Identify assets relevant to broadband deployment;
- Build partnerships with broadband service providers;
- Identify opportunities to leverage assets and reduce barriers to the deployment of broadband internet services in the community; and
- Teams must be proactive in fiscally constrained counties in identifying funding opportunities and providing assistance with applying for federal grants for broadband internet service.